Sunday, September 18, 2011
I'm a Mormon! Yes I am!
I find myself reflecting on a lot of things today. Today was an amazing day for me. I dont think i have felt this alive and excited about my life in a while. I feel happy.Today I sat in church surrounded by people who I love. I do not know them all but I feel loved in my church family. Our church presented a new website where people can go and find out about what we believe. www.mormon.org The main purpose is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was thinking a lot today about how being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has had an influence on my life. I think the most profound experiences that have helped me to appriciate the Gospel of Christ and my membership in the church have been my darkest moments. There are times we all feel alone and like life didnt turn out the way we had hoped. These are the times that the principals of Christs life teachings have helped me the most. Realizing that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me, who loved me enough to send his son to show me how to live my life, and that Jesus Christ Lived and died so that I could return to God again- this knowledge not only helps me to live better but gives me hope that although I am far from perfect, he will make up the difference. This knowledge also makes me sad for those that choose to be bitter and push out everyone, including and especially the Savior. There is nothing in this world that could change the convictions that I have. Nothing. I am so thankful to have been able to grow and learn the ways of Christ with such amazing people.I feel so blessed to have parents who, above all love the Lord and strive to follow him. They have been such an amazing blessing to me in my life. I love to talk about how the Gospel has changed me with my mom and dad. In fact the moments that I remember the most are those times we have had long talks about the tender mercies of the Lord. I am thankful for my own family and also church Family that love me and teach me so much about being more Christ like. I am proud to be a Mormon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautifully spoken testimony, Laura! Thank you for sharing. :O)
Post a Comment