Thursday, September 29, 2011
Fourty Pounds!!!! DONE.
Thought maybe this moment should have a comment. I hit 40 pounds today. Since my goal is to lose 160 pounds I am breaking my goal into four goals of 40 pounds. So I am a fourth of the way! YAY ME! I feel good. Today I went to an open house at the kids school. I had to sit on some tables made for kids that weigh 100 pounds or less and there isn't much space between the seat and the table. I slipped onto an end of a table and thought to myself that a few months ago I would have never fit in that space. EVER. I felt happy. On the way home Payton said "mom you did good, you didn't get chips OR ice cream." I did good. That is really what I have changed in my eating. I don't ever tell myself that I "cant" eat something but rather ask the question "is that REALLY worth the calories?" I save my calories for a big Sat morning breakfast or a lidt truffle. If you only use those extras on extra special things you come out ahead on the scale. I know that this is a process that I have had to learn but I DO NOT ever make myself feel bad about anything I eat. I just go for the 90% rule. I make clean food choices 90% of the time. I am finding that I eat less and less of the foods that make me feel yucky. I am excited about the evolution I have made. I have also found that proper nutrition and supplementation is KEY. I am so thankful for my amazing vitamins and spark! I would drag through the day without them. I am thankful for supportive friends and am SO excited to be HALF way by New Years. That's where my focus is because I am gonna dance like no one is watching ALL NIGHT LONG. I am SO excited! Next week should be a big number. Big. That's exciting! I need to be close to my goal by the summer so I can start training hard to beat my last time by 40 minutes for the mini triathlon. And I am gonna stay til the last person finishes. Because its not going to be me this year, and I want to be there when they finish because its not the time that matters, its having the ambition to finish that matters most. Beat YOUR personal best. I am going to push WAY past what anyone thought was possible. Just watch me.Or better yet, join me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am super proud of you! I would do well to follow your example. I really like that you don't tell yourself you *can't* have something but that you are choosing what it is worth to you. That is a very empowering concept!
Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your journey. You are amazing!
Post a Comment