Swim- less than .25 miles
Bike 10 miles
Run/walk 3.4 miles Finishing- totally worth a bad back for a few weeks!!
So today was the day I have been waiting for and although I did not train like I wanted to I did the best I could do! I felt so blessed to have my bestest friend Kim there to be with me the entire way. She was along side me and worked at my pace!
The swim was not hard for me but the bike ride was. Up until about mile three or four I was wondering "WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING??" But then it got better, soon we neared the five mile mark and I knew I could do it. Along the way the ride was emotional for me. Not only to have my dearest friend beside me talking about life with me, but to feel that I was pushing myself beyond anything I imagined. I have been pushing myself and trying to stretch myself in every way possible over the past year to develop as a person. The last few weeks have been extremely emotional for me and being able to have this blessing was amazing! After the 10 mile bike ride my legs felt like they would buckle if I ran so we kept a good pace in our walk. I was in no condition to run this race but I am sure by next year I will be. We finished. Dead last. Me and my amazing friend. I cried four times during the race and cried my eyes out at the end of it, it was an amazing day, and besides the fact that my back is killing me---I would totally do it again. If I can do it (all 299 pounds of me) anyone can. They just have to want to. And I want to live the BEST I can. And regardless of what I weigh I CAN DO HARD THINGS! I will go again and again to feel the way I did today.Today was an incredible day.
No comments:
Post a Comment