Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day Seven

Today was upper body again. It was great but I only had time for 30 minutes. I will be up early to get the full workout in, tomorrow is yoga, never done yoga, should be interesting.
It was a struggle with food today. I got out of the house with just an apple. That was not enough. I had a shake a couple hours later and a twice baked potato (with non fat sour cream of coarse) for lunch and soup from the other night for dinner and three oranges, yes in ONE sitting. (Not so good on the old tummy)
Today was a tough day for food because I had a lot of stress to deal with. I think I did pretty well. I did have three pieces of candy but then I stopped and I am not sorry about it!(I consider this a victory because I had an orange binge instead of a junk food binge this time!!) I feel like my attitude toward myself and food has changed a lot. I want this. This morning was one of those depressing days where I wanted to pull the covers over my head and pretend that the world did not exist. Then I thought to myself, you have two choices, you can lay here and possibly be late for work and sulk about how hard life is OR you can get your fanny out of bed and show up for life! I knew I would feel better after kicking my own behind, and I was right. I did body raises in front of a chair kind of like a dip off of the chair. I thought I would die, but I did not and I just kept dipping until I finally fell.Yep. Fell. Then I got up and did a couple more. So there.
I now am weighing in with my brother on Mondays. I am beating him. That makes me happy. But he is back on a roll so I will have to step it up a tad bit. Maybe even break out the umbrella and walk during my breaks. It will be worth it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

In my opinion Yoga is one of the hardest DVDs. Its an hour and 1/2. Don't try and do the whole thing today you will shoot tons of negatives to your head. Doing those dips is awesome. You're on fire I can tell. P90x is great but it can make you feel like you'll never be where they are. If you have any negative vibes give a voice them, don't them stick in your head and then change them around like you said you do. You go get em tiger!!!